A. Purpose. The purpose of this section is to establish the process and criteria for amendment of this code.
B. Process. Code amendments shall be considered as provided in MICC 19.15.260.
C. Initiation of Code Amendment Request.
2. A code amendment request may be initiated by any interested person as follows:
a. Suggestion. A code amendment may be suggested by any interested person.
b. Application. An application for a code amendment may be submitted by any interested person. An application for a code amendment shall be accompanied by the filing fee established by resolution.
c. Suggested code amendments and applications for code amendments shall be docketed pursuant to MICC 19.15.230(D) and considered on at least an annual basis.
d. Whether initiated by suggestion or application, a proposed code amendment by an interested party shall be accompanied by an application form and shall require a detailed description of the proposed amendment in nontechnical terms.
3. Multiple code amendment requests may be consolidated for review and action at the city’s discretion.
D. Criteria. The city may approve or approve with modifications a proposal to amend this code only if:
1. The amendment is consistent with the comprehensive plan; and
2. The amendment bears a substantial relation to the public health, safety, or welfare; and
3. The amendment is in the best interest of the community as a whole.
E. Codification. Following approval of an amendment, the city shall amend this code to reflect the amendment. (Ord. 19C-21 § 1 (Att. A); Ord. 18C-08 § 1 (Att. A)).