A. Uses Permitted.
3. Office uses.
8. Care services.
9. Auxiliary uses directly related to the principal use, such as residences of watchmen or employees in training, special employee dormitories, employee cafeterias, auditoriums, service stations in connection with authorized motor pool facilities and similar uses.
13. Public and private schools accredited or approved by the state for compulsory school attendance, subject to design commission review and the following conditions:
a. A one-fourth acre or larger playfield, play surface or open space shall be provided in one usable unit abutting or adjacent to the site.
B. Required Conditions.
1. Uses shall be limited to those that do not produce offensive noise, vibration, smoke, dust, odor, heat or glare.
2. Necessary public rights-of-way shall be dedicated to the public either as a portion of a plat or upon acceptance of street dedication by the city council and each lot shall front on or have access to such public rights-of-way.
3. A strip of land adjacent to all external boundaries of the site, including any frontage on public rights-of-way, shall be devoted exclusively to the planting, cultivation, growing and maintenance of sight-obscuring trees, shrubs and plant life.
If required by the design commission, the maintenance of such protective strips and landscaping shall be guaranteed through a bond or assignment of funds as set out in MICC 19.01.060(C). In lieu of such protective strips, under appropriate circumstances, there may be substituted a use classification of the outer margin of this zone consistent with the use classification of the surrounding area.
4. Not more than 60 percent of a lot may be covered by buildings, structures, and other impervious surfaces, including outdoor storage areas, provided the exemptions for decks, pavers, patios and walkways detailed in MICC 19.02.060(C) shall apply. The building footprint shall occupy no more than 35 percent of the gross lot area.
5. Outdoor storage facilities, including storage areas for official vehicles, shall be obscured by an approved architectural screen specified on the plot plan and approved by the design commission.
6. A plot, landscape, and building plan showing compliance with these conditions shall be filed with the design commission for its approval, and the construction and maintenance of building and structures and the establishment and continuation of uses shall comply with the approved plot landscape, and building plan.
7. On-site hazardous waste treatment and storage facilities as defined in MICC 19.16.010 are allowed as accessory uses to a permitted use in this zone. These facilities shall comply with the state siting criteria as set forth in Chapter 173-303 WAC.
C. Building Height Limit.
2. Outdoor storage facilities shall not exceed 20 feet in height.
3. Rooftop building appurtenances, including but not limited to mechanical equipment, chimneys, and roof access structures, may extend up to 10 feet above the maximum building height allowed. Rooftop appurtenances shall be located at least 10 feet from the exterior edge of any building and shall not cover more than 10 percent of the rooftop area.
D. Lot Area Requirements. There are no requirements for minimum or maximum lot areas in this zone except that lots shall conform to plot and building plans approved by the design commission and kept on file with the community planning and development department.
E. Yard Requirements. The minimum setback from all rights-of-way shall be 50 feet. The minimum rear yard setback shall be 50 feet. The sum of the side yards shall be at least 75 feet, with no side yard less than 25 feet; provided, however, that a minimum 50-foot setback shall be required from the property line of any adjacent property that is zoned residential or multifamily and developed for such use and no parking or driveways shall be allowed within this setback. The setbacks shall be clearly set out in the site and building plans and upon the building permit application.
F. Parking Requirements. All uses permitted in this zone shall comply with the parking requirements set out in MICC 19.04.040. (Ord. 19C-21 § 1 (Att. A); Ord. 19C-04 § 1 (Exh. A); Ord. 04C-10 § 1; Ord. 03C-10 § 5; Ord. 03C-08 § 6; Ord. 02C-07 § 1; Ord. 99C-13 § 1).